search our members
We have over 120 members offering a range of services.
explore the UK outdoor services with our interactive mapping.
OIA Member: Montane
Salary: £Available on request
Duration: Full time
Montane is a fast growing British company that creates technical clothing and equipment for mountainous and extreme environments. Founded over 20 years ago, Montane works with leading innovative expeditions to the world’s polar and mountainous regions, supports athletes in climbing, polar exploration and endurance trail running and sponsors the world’s leading ultra-distance endurance events. Montane products are sold through leading specialist outdoor and running retailers in over 35 countries worldwide and directly through the Montane website.
Montane is looking to recruit a Marketing Assistant to support its small, busy marketing department.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Marketing Executives, supporting them in raising Montane’s profile and maximising income through effective brand marketing.
Involved in the execution and delivery of all aspects of the marketing mix, in particular the Marketing Assistant will support campaign delivery, digital media and PR as well as contributing creatively to continued brand growth and development.
This role is ideal for a recent graduate who has a passion for the outdoors and marketing who is looking to start their career in the outdoor industry.
- Assist in the preparation of campaign material – copywriting, ensuring accuracy by proofreading and editing
- Support the Marketing Manager in development and implementation of full year marketing plans
- Managing marketing samples ensuring they are processed correctly and efficiently
- Managing and seasonal updating of the Asset Management System ensuring all the latest materials are available to partners
- Main point of contact for marketing requests for POS and marketing support for international distributors, agents and customers
- Main point of contact for consumer requests and enquiries through the website and social media channels
- Support the Marketing Manager in the organisation and delivery of trade shows and sales launches
- Work closely with Montane’s world-class sponsored events to deliver great experiences for entrants and promotional activity through enhanced news coverage to Montane’s customers and press
- Work closely with Montane’s growing sponsored athlete team to ensure appropriate kit delivery and content in return
- Assist in the management and delivery of product photography
- upport and delivery of the marketing communications calendar
- Development of the brand’s social media platforms
- Assistance of marketing colleagues and global distributors with ad hoc marketing projects
- General administration duties as required and relevant to the role
- A flexible approach to work is essential as the Marketing Assistant’s role will incorporate some weekend work to support events. Some international and national travel may also be required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A higher education degree in marketing or marketing-related subject, or an equivalent professional qualification
- No experience of working in marketing is necessary, but previous experience is desirable
- A general understanding of the marketing function within a product manufacturing company
- An eagerness and willing to learn and contribute to a dynamic marketing team
- Knowledge of and passion for the outdoors and outdoor sports
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with the ability to write lively and engaging copy
- A creative streak with a natural ability to come up with innovative ideas and clever approaches
- Affinity with technical product and brands in the outdoor industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain strong professional relationships
- Ability to multi task and engage with internal and external teams whilst being deadline and process orientated
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, web content management systems and social media communication platforms
- Experience with Photoshop not necessary but considered desirable
- Highly organised, self-starter and able to work well within a close-knit team
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Terry Stephenson, Marketing Manager.
Website Link: www.montane.co.uk/careers-i59
Send Email: email@example.comAPPLY FOR THIS JOB